Monday, March 7, 2011

It Begins

Well, after much humming and hawing over entering the job market, I'm finally ready to put myself out there. It took a lot of work and a lot of help along the way, but those who helped were glad to offer their assistance along the way. I thank you folks for that; you know who you are.
So far, I've applied to two places: a game company in the Bay Area, and an event management company in Anaheim. I haven't heard back from either, but I know it'll probably take a while for these guys to get back to me.
I've set up a personal schedule that I should ideally be following every day until I finally do secure employment. While searching for a job is my top priority, I also want to try to maintain an exercise schedule. My health has taken a backseat lately, so it's time to re-prioritize.
Having planned to go back up to Berkeley for a while now, I finally made the trip to my alma mater for a couple of days last weekend. There's something magical about that campus, especially with having been away from it for a few months. It loses its luster when you're constantly going to class and have a destination when you set foot on campus, but when you're simply there to visit, the whole structure takes on a new sort of beauty. I'd like to take the trip back a little more often, especially during football season if I don't wind up living there.
Lately I've been hooked on the simple little app "Angry Birds" for the iPhone. I'm incredibly late to the party, but it takes a lot of creativity and work to take something as simple as catapulting vengeful birds into kleptomaniac pigs and turn it into the moneymaking (and time-wasting) machine that occupies nearly every Smartphone currently in human possession.
It's an incredibly windy day today. The weather has been warm recently, so the air was full enough of pollen as it is. Now, it's like Mother Nature has launched a full-on assault on my allergies. And Mother Nature always wins.

3 comments:

  1. You should apply to more than 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I've applied to 2. I haven't stopped applying yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep applying. It should be something more like 100 or more :)

    ReplyDelete